EDC is seeking a SQL Server DBA - Cloud opportunity in Radford, VA.
A total of at least 3-5 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA
- CompTIA Security+
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
This position is for a SQL Server DBA supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
JOB DUTIES –
- Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on SQL Server DBA technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- Mid to senior level SQL Server DBA experience in a cloud environment
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSA - SQL Server, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) – preferred
About EDC Consulting
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, EDC Consulting LLC (EDC) is a leading small business provider of enterprise solutions and strategic business support to the Federal Government. With more than 150 employees and over 100 client engagements, EDC has extensive experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining complex business systems and software solutions for a wide range of Department of Defense, civilian Federal, state and local and commercial entities. EDC is an Oracle Platinum Partner, SAP Partner, Edge Partner, and Premier Business Partner of the IBM Corporation. EDC Consulting was recognized in Washington Technology Magazine’s “Fast 50” list of Washington DC’s fastest growing companies and has consistently been named to Inc. 500 magazine’s list of the nation’s fastest growing privately held companies.
Visit EDC Consulting on the web at www.edcconsulting.com