EDC is seeking a Active Directory Administrator - Cloud opportunity in Radford, VA.
A total of at least 3-5 years of experience with Active Directory.
- CompTIA Security+
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
This position is for an Active Directory Administrator supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
JOB DUTIES –
- Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Active Directory Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Responsible for planning and long-term maintenance of Active Directory infrastructure
- Handle day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining the directory service and infrastructure
- Ensure the directory continues to function
- Ensure goals established in service level agreements are maintained
- Manage domain controllers and other network services, such as DNS, that are required for Active Directory Services
- Control forest-wide settings
- Complete ongoing Active Directory deployment tasks, adding and removing domain controllers, establishing and removing trusts, as needed
- Serve the service owner roles of Forest Owner, Site Topology Owner, and DNS for AD owner
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- Mid to senior level Active Directory Administrator experience supporting Active Directory in a cloud environment
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSE, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Powershell, DSC, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) - preferred
About EDC Consulting
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, EDC Consulting LLC (EDC) is a leading small business provider of enterprise solutions and strategic business support to the Federal Government. With more than 150 employees and over 100 client engagements, EDC has extensive experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining complex business systems and software solutions for a wide range of Department of Defense, civilian Federal, state and local and commercial entities. EDC is an Oracle Platinum Partner, SAP Partner, Edge Partner, and Premier Business Partner of the IBM Corporation. EDC Consulting was recognized in Washington Technology Magazine’s “Fast 50” list of Washington DC’s fastest growing companies and has consistently been named to Inc. 500 magazine’s list of the nation’s fastest growing privately held companies.
Visit EDC Consulting on the web at w