Job Title: Senior Proposal Writer
Responsibilities of the Senior Proposal Writer
The position of Senior Proposal Writer at EDC Consulting has direct accountability for three aspects of proposal management operations: (1) writing proposals, (2) supporting business development and capture management activities, and (3) adding significant contribution to the development and continuous improvement of proposal management processes, tools, and templates. The Senior Proposal Writer provides the leadership, methodologies, procedures, tools, and templates to support all proposal development efforts. With responsibility across multiple, concurrent projects, this position is characterized by shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, last minute requirements, and frequent evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks within non-negotiable client deadlines. The objective of this position is to provide hands-on support to manage, develop, and produce winning proposals. The Senior Proposal Writer will have extensive experience supporting proposal efforts for DOD and/or Civilian Federal clients. Prior experience working with large companies/systems integrators is a plus. The individual must be located within close proximity of McLean, VA area (Tysons Corner).
The Senior Proposal Writer will:
- Lead proposal writing efforts and direct the development of compelling and compliant proposals responses to RFPs, RFQs, Task Orders, RFIs, and Sources Sought Notices
- Support business development and capture management activities – qualify selected opportunities, contribute to price-to-win, support teaming/subcontracting activities, and related tasks.
- Assemble and develop formats or templates for submissions that reoccur with some frequency, assuring that all solicitation requirements are met, yet the format is flexible enough to meet the needs of any specific submission
- Analyze solicitation documents, tracks/ensure proposal compliance, prepares proposal management documentation, and facilitates formal and informal proposal reviews
- Minimum of 8 years in Federal Government proposal writing, proposal management, proposal development, and the direct management of proposal operational organizations
- Extensive knowledge of and practice in proposal development processes in the Federal and DOD acquisition environment.
- The skill to independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP/RFQ
- Diversity of experience in large corporate organizations and small business concerns
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proposal coordination skills including document formatting and print production
- Expert level writing skills, and prior experience in technical writing
- Exceptional facilitation and organization skills are required
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university
- Training in formal capture/proposal methodologies, e.g., Shipley Proposal Training including Proposal Management, Proposal Writing, and Capturing Federal Business
- Industry-wide best practices in proposal management
- Broad and specific range of Federal, State, and local government procurement regulations and practices (including FAR and DFAR)
- Project management and Capture management
- Editorial practice and standards
Please send your resume to email@example.com
. EDC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. For additional information on EDC Consulting, visit us at www.edcconsulting.com
EDC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer.
About EDC Consulting
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, EDC Consulting is a full service Government IT professional services and consulting firm with more than 130 employees, 100 client engagements and more than 25 prime contracts. EDC specializes in SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft and Maximo system implementation and development, Information Assurance, Enterprise Architecture and more. EDC is an SAP Global Partner and an Oracle Platinum Partner with a focus on helping government clients implement, develop, maintain and sustain ERP systems throughout the Federal government.