McLane Advanced Technologies is actively seeking an IT Business Analyst in support of the of the U.S. Army.
Please note that at minimum an INTERIM SECRET CLEARANCE is required.
IT Business Analyst
The U.S. Army is seeking an IT business analyst to perform the responsibilities and listed Qualifications, as follows.
• Provides expertise in the development and/or modification of computer-based scientific, technical, and business software systems;
• Uses expertise to work with users and technical teams on determine and manage system requirements, design, code, test, and develop/maintain documentation for existing system enhancements or new system.
• Operates within Agile and Enterprise DoD Architecture Framework
• Develop systems enhancements test cases and criteria
• Deliver elements of systems design, documentation, or other detailed deliverables
• Operate as the liaison between the functional and technical resources and participate in the agile software development process for the creation of system functionality; including upgrades, system modifications, day-to-day problem analysis, and issue tracking to enhance integration
• Work with stakeholders to identify and document requirements for the development teams. The Agile BA defines improvements to business processes, assists decision-makers in gathering information to make decisions, helps quality assurance test solutions and products, designs user interfaces and occasionally step in as a product owner, scrum master, or project manager as the occasion calls.
• Use system thinking to recognize the big picture in addition to the detailed tasks necessary to complete the next steps in development. While the developers are focusing on producing new pieces of working software every sprint, the Agile BA shall have a focus on the overall problem that will be solved when the entire project is complete.
• Challenge the business manager, sponsor, product owners and users to define the real business problem behind the expressed “user stories” to ensure that the solution team is solving the right problem, and not providing a solution to the wrong problem.
• Engage widely across the whole program and not just the immediate development projects to understand the direction and culture of the organization. Then utilize that understanding to maximize employee adoption of new IT solutions.
• Serve as a technical translator and mediator between stakeholders, product owners, and the development teams.
• Be responsible for matching business process and automation requirements to the capabilities of tools and platforms on the TAMIS IT Roadmap.
• Promote agile best practices with a focus on business value and governance.
• Develop and monitor metrics to measure and improve the efficiency of the functional and technical team.
• Be responsible for providing system implementation and operational options/best practice guidance for TAMIS
• DoD Secret Clearance or clearable
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or other STEM program
• Highly skilled in generating system documentation, problem solving, written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
• Experience with Agile SCRUM
• Experience with CMMI-Dev L3 organization
• Experience on IT systems enhancements test cases and criteria
• Minimum 5 years of proven experience in IT System analysis, development and testing
• Agile/SCRUM Master Certification
• Experience with Enterprise Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
• Bachelor’s degree in other then an IT discipline
• CMMI associate certification
McLane Advanced Technologies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.About EDC ConsultingMcLane Advanced Technologies is a small business headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia with a specialized focus on providing industry-leading Logistics and Technology services to the Department of Defense, Federal government and the private sector. MAT has extensive experience designing, developing, implementing and sustaining mission-critical logistics systems and software solutions. MAT is a leader in delivering innovative, reliable and cost effective services and technology solutions that address the needs of our clients and provide long-term benefits. MAT’s mission is to forge scalable and sustainable technology solutions by bridging the gap between logistics, technology, our clients’ needs, and delivering our services though the right mix of people, processes, and technology. For close to 15 years, MAT has provided logistics and IT support to the U.S. Army and has always met and exceeded mission milestones. MAT’s services cover the complete project lifecycle from requirements definition through go-live support. MAT has supported or currently provides logistics systems, and full life-cycle logistics IT support to a wide range of Army programs that include the Global Combat Support System (GCSS) Army program; the Army’s primary tactical logistics system and one of the largest, most complex ERP implementations in the world and the U.S. Army’s Standard Army Maintenance System–Enhanced (SAMS-E), which is a single system that allows the U.S. Army to manage over 1 million vehicle and repair parts at a very high rate of readiness.
Visit McLane Advanced Technologies on the web at www.mclaneat.com.